At Best Home Health Care, Inc, we strive to provide quality personal care services to eligible disabled and elderly MassHealth consumers with our Group Adult Foster Care Program (GAFC).
We take great pride in claiming that we’ve been approved by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts MassHealth Office of Long Term Care.
- Daily Personal Care
- Homemaking/Meal prepping
- Case management
- Shopping/Prescription Pick-up
What is Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC)?
Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) is a MassHealth program that pays for personal care services for eligible seniors and adults with disabilities who live in GAFC-approved housing. Housing may be a GAFC-assisted living residence or other GAFC housing.
To qualify, residents must be eligible for MassHealth and need help with at least one daily personal care task such as bathing or dressing. GAFC only pays for the cost of personal care services and medication management when you live in approved housing. It does not pay housing costs.
To be eligible for Group Adult Foster Care, individuals should:
- Be at least 22 years old
- Be income eligible for MassHealth Standard
- Live in an assisted living facility or other housing that participates in GAFC
- Need daily assistance with one or more personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, or toileting
- Have a physician’s statement of your condition
- Be screened and approved for the program
- Individuals who currently reside in the community or are hospitalized and are at high risk of requiring nursing home placement
- Patients discharged from nursing homes
- Chronically disabled individuals who require supervision
- Participants must submit certification from their primary care physician that adult foster care services are appropriate to meet the medical needs of the participant